In 100 Km of Ankara, Beypazarı is in the old road of Ankara – İstanbul. As in the past, it is stil a social, cultural and economic center located in the middle of districts of Ayaş, Güdül, Nallıhan and Kıbrıscık.

When we review the history of Anatolia, we see that it was under the reign of Hittites, Phrygians, Galatians, Romans, Byzantium and Seljuk and Ottomans.

Beypazarı was, in the Roman Period, on the way connecting Istanbul to Ankara and Baghdad. Its first name was LAGANIA. In the book of Bilge Umar, called “the Historical Names in Turkey”, Lagania means the “land of peak of rocks”.

Beypazarı was called as Lagaina until 6 century AD. During 491-518 AD, it was called as “Lagania-Anastasiopolis” under the reign of Byzantines. 

After the entrance of Turks to the Anatolia in the leadership of Alparslan, Turks reached to the region of Marmara. During this period, Beypazarı met with first Turkish raiders. During the period of Seljuk, Beypazarı was a popular point for migrating Turkish tribes.

The most important tribe among the Turkish tribes is the Kayı tribe, which is the founder of Ottoman Empire. This Tribe settled down around of Ankara. The grave of Gazi Gunduzalp, the grandfather of Osman Bey, the founder of Ottomans is in the village of Hırkatepe, in Beypazarı.

During the period fo Seljuk, Beypazarı became an important commercial center on the way of Istanbul to Baghdad. With the conquest of Ankara by Orhan Bey, Beypazarı was affiliated to the province of Bursa of Ottomans.

Beypazarı is a district of Ankara since 1868.

Beypazarı, which was a center of Ottoman Sipahis, backbone of the agricultural and military system of Ottomans, was called as BEG BAZARI (means that the bazaar where chiefs trade) because of the lively commercial and economic life.